Hello, Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope all of you had a wonderful and relaxing holiday.
The end of 2017 literally just whizzed by and it feels like I’ve been thrown into January. It has been a challenging time for me with new job responsibilities and an office move after which I had to reconsider my everyday routine, buy a car, and re-learn to drive. Driving was never my strong suit, but I try to think positively of having to face one of my biggest insecurities. Sitrep: I’m still scared sh*tless sometimes, but it’s better every day 😀
Oh, and Holidays.
All in all, a wee bit more anxiety than I would have cared for. I needed to cut myself some slack and so time away from the blog turned out to be a little longer than I originally planned, but I’m back now.
With a new year comes new-found motivation and inspiration, although if I’m being honest, I don’t quite see the exact direction I will be heading in 2018 just yet. Not everything needs to be planned though, so we shall see!
Achievment-wise, I have reached some of the goals I set for 2017. I also have failed some. My only resolution for this year is that I would be more determined, whatever my intentions will be. And so to kick off 2018, here’s my list of the things I would like to spend more time working on:
- Learn more about the rules, customs and traditions of properly serving and enjoying food. I am planning to share a guide for setting the table, so keep your eye out!
- Attend more workshops. The ones I did last year were properly fun and I had a great time learning new skills and meeting people.
- (Find the time to) create more content. I have a notebook I carry around with me full of ideas, it’s time to implement!
- Reach out more to fellow bloggers. Being more active with my networing is essential for this year.
- Earning the first income from the blog.
So there it is. Looking forward to what 2018 has in store!
What goals did you set for this year? Do you do resolutions? How succesful are you in keeping them? I’d love to hear it from you!